Chromebooks have the ability to wirelessly share what is on their screen with a projector or other display in your classroom. This is a great feature for when students are researching, or creating content, and would like to share with the rest of the class.
In order to be able to do this, you must be using Chromebooks in your classroom, AND have a Chromecast connected to your projector or TV. Both the Chromebooks and the Chromecast must be on the same wireless network.
How to Cast to your TV or Projector
- Make sure your TV or projector is on and on the correct input. You should see a screen similar to the sample here that says “ready to cast.”
- Make sure you are on the tab you want to project to your TV or projector.
- Press the Cast button in the Chrome toolbar (top right hand area) of your browser.
- A list of available Chromecast devices will appear. Pick any device to cast the current tab to this device.
- After a very brief load time, the current tab should appear on your TV!
To Stop Casting
- Click on the Cast button in the Chrome toolbar
- Click Stop Casting.